Enoggera is a suburb of Brisbane, in Queensland, Australia, approximately 7 kilometres north-west of the Brisbane central business district.  The west of the suburb is dominated by Enoggera Hill.  At the 2011 Australian Census, Enoggera recorded a population of 5,034.

In 1845, John Brennan purchased six hectares of land in Enoggera. Six years later, Thomas Hayes moved to the area and bought thirty-three acres of land. Enoggera initially developed as a farming community with orchards and vineyards.

In the 1860s, the track to the Gympie goldfields passed through Enoggera, and this assisted with development. As the population increased, the first school opened in 1871, and the railway line to Enoggera Station opened in 1899.

In 1887, the local government Division of Enoggera was proclaimed, bound to north and south by Kedron Brook and Enoggera Creek, and stretching from Alderley toThe Gap and beyond the Enoggera Dam. Enoggera became a shire in 1903 before being amalgamated into the City of Brisbane in 1925. In 1949, the tramline from Newmarket was extended along Samford Road to Enoggera. The tram line closed on 2 December 1968.

Enoggera is home to several high quality educational institutions, including Hillbrook Anglican School, Our Lady of the Assumption, Enoggera State School and the grade eight to nine campus of Mt Maria College.

Via train,Gaythorne Railway Station and Enoggera Railway Station provide access to regular City train services on the Ferny Grove railway line arranging travel to the Brisbane CBD, Beenleigh and Ferny Grove.

Via bus, Enoggera is serviced by Brisbane Transport buses, predominantly from the bus-rail interchange at Enoggera Railway Station and at Wardell Street, which travel to the Brisbane CBD, Chermside, Ashgrove and Indooroopilly.

Via road, Enoggera's main arterials are Samford Road which is the main corridor for motorists travelling to the City, Mitchelton and Samford, as well as Wardell Street which is the main corridor for motorists travelling to the Inner Western suburbs such as Paddington and Toowong.

The land for the Enoggera Army Barracks was acquired in 1910, and opened in the same year.  The Army Barracks are still located in Enoggera today.

The Brisbane Irish Rugby Football Club "The McBrats" play at Memorial Park.

NFC National Finance Corporation mortgage brokers proudly service the Enoggera area.

Source: Wikipedia.